Wednesday 16 March 2016

MBFW 2016 DAY 3 CLOSING RUNWAY FOR CARDUCCI

As we all know that once a year we meet for the business of fashion. This year the Mercedes fashion week was held at the Iconic Mandela Square where all fashion influencers were there, from trend analyst Nicole Copper to  blogger/photographer Trevor Struurman and our very own South African Billionaire Mr Patrice Motsepe and his lovely wife Dr Motsepe and not forgetting the lovely Terry Pheto, beautiful and humble as always.

The event was quite as success in my opinion even though other people had a bit to complain about. Anyway lets forget about negetive things and focus on the style that was presented at the Fashion week. Unfortunately Because of my busy schedule I could only attend one show, which was the Carducci show on Saturday evening. I must say I enjoyed the show and the people that were there ,were good company, I met new friends, created new networks and most of all spotted new fashion heads.

Carducci’s selection was very classy, something I could wear but I just didn’t like some of the styling that I saw. I felt the styling lacked a bit perfection and excellence. As a stylist  I critic other stylists work and it’s not to say that I am better then them, all I want to see is things being done properly. This is a business of fashion and if you don’t pay attention to detail then you have lost the essence of being in this business. Some models had over sized shoes, you could tell by how they walked. It sucks seeing quality garments being poorly styled. It takes away the goodness of the fabric. One thing I also didn’t understand were the blond afro wigs worn my black models! What was that for ?

In my opinion those outfits resembled elegance and I didn’t see the need for wigs. Any way as I said it’s my opinion, I just didn’t get the idea of the whole show. Maybe if they made me Carducci's Creative Director I would've done something really radical….(laughing out loud) but I would hey.

Don’t get me wrong Carducci’s show was awesome but I was really bothered by the lack of attention by their styling team. We are competiting with big European brands like Gucci, Chanel and LV we need to step up our game as South African brands to gain the respect we truly deserve. But we won’t if we don’t pay attention to detail, it’s the small things that count. Inorder to compete with these brands we need to critic our work and see where we can improve, in that way we'll definitely grow.

Never the less, a big thank you to Mercedes Benz and African Fashion international for this awesome event. Can’t wait till the next event, hope to see you there my fellow Dapper Gamers. The stylish individuals that were there to make the whole event a success, a big thank you too. 







The art directory of the runway. It was white and I love white. 


 There were a lot of grey suits but this one just stood out for me. 



Those wigs though, they're really disturbing . Why are they blond?

  

This was one of my favourite models at the show but the fitting let him down. 



 This was one of the Dapper moments, the fabric, the styling and the shoes where just perfect. 


Elegant 


This was probably the best dressed model on that day, all his outfits were on fire. Simple yet elegant and the fit was just perfect. 


The hipster who just changed the atmosphere. Immediately when he stepped into the runway, the crowd gave him a huge around of applaud. He just had that bravado. 


Fifty shades of navy 


That colourful Winter look


The Carducci  Dapper Gamer.


The alpha male of the pride. I love the pink pinstripe it's bold and yet comforting. I felt that he should've had a blazer on or held it in his hand just to complete the 3 piece suit. 





The event was beautiful, we have to give props to the Creative Director of Mercedes Benz Fashion Week and the whole team. You guys did a great job in the establishment of the show and you never disappoint thank you from team Dapper Gamer. 

And a big thank you to AFI[Africa Fashion International] 

Images by AFI 



No comments:

Post a Comment