Tuesday 8 March 2016

HATS selected by Dapper Luzumane 

People occationally ask me why am I so into hats? The reply that I always give them is that I am a Prince you can't see my head. Yes that’s one of the reasons but I am so used to wearing hats I can’t afford to not wear one, If it's not on my head, it's in my bag. This is one of  those habbits that I just cannot stop. Well you can call me old school but I know what it means to love your hats so much that you handle them with care and most importantly you don’t lend them to anyone who doesn’t understand the hat ettiqette.

Even my girlfriend knows you don’t mess with my hats.  It’s definitely a no go zone!!! For me your hat is your throne and you wouldn’t let anyone play with your throne right, so why would you let them play with your hat?  I believe in taking good care of my things so that they can take good care of me, input equals output. Take good care of your clothes and they will definitely take care of you .


We all have different head shapes and that’s where the trick lies. So hats that suit me won’t necessarily suit you. I have a round head so I always pick a hat that suit round heads.  You need to pick the right hat to pull of an amazing look. A hat is like a cherry on top [literally] so you have to get that cherry right. When it comes to hats I don’t mind buying an expensive hat. Buying an expensive hat assures you that you bought quality over quantity. A hat that wont lose its shape along the years. Here are some of my hats that made my outfits stand out.


This is one of my favourite hats, it's called the Newsboy hat. It gets its name from posts men and news paper boys that usually delivered news papers and posts. It's quite popular in England and North America. This is a must have my fellow Dapper Gamers, trust me you won't  regret it.  


This hat is versatile, I can pull off any look, from formal,sport luxe and casual. When buying a hat,try to buy a hat that won't restrict you. 


Sometimes I dress up and ask my self what's missing ? oh yeah my hat.


For that semi-formal look.


Sport Luxe look.

Casual look. 

So with this hat you have an all rounder, an all saver, that's why I love this hat so much. I just don't have limits with this piece of headgear. 


This is also one my favourite hats, It's called the Flat Ivy/Flat cap. Similar to the newsboy hat. The only difference between the two is that the newsboy can flip and the flat Ivy can't flip. Also popular in England and North America this is also a must have. 


This hat is also an all rounder, it can easily go with any style you choose. Semi-Formal look.



Easy and effortless looks can be pulled of with the flat Ivy. Shorts and boat shoes.


This hat is just the mother of all styles. I just love it so much. It is a Dapper piece for the eKasi modern men. 


Third on my list is the Panama hat. Most of you think that the Panama hat is from Panama, the hat originates from Ecuador in a town called Montecristi, find out more about the history on this article

http://qz.com/476014/the-finest-panama-hat-in-history-woven-in-a-tiny-ecuadorean-village-may-be-too-valuable-for-anyone-to-wear/


For me a Panama hat is a sophisticated hat, I would never and I mean never. Wear a panama with sneakers, for me that doesn't work. I believe that this hat specifically requires shoes. You can wear it with sandals, slip ons and flip flops for that beach look. I just don't see the link between a Panama hat and sneakers, I just find it weird, but if you do then you need to stop. I still say as a Dapper Gamer you must be different than someone who just dresses up for the sake of dressing up. You have a responsibility to lead and show people what is true style. 


One thing that I love about the Panama hat is that, it has the ability to go back to its original shape. These hats are created from fine stripes of toquilla straw, harvested  from palm trees that grow along the Ecuadorian coast. These stripes of toquilla straw are like rubber, they contract when they're under cold temperatures and they stretch when under high temperatures. So if your Panama hat loses shape than don't worry, just put it in hot water and reshape it. These are one of the benefits of buying a real Panama hat. I have been seeing strange Panama hats lately being sold at Noord taxi rank and Bree taxi rank (Johannesburg) , please don't be a victim of fake goods. We at Dapper Gamers promote purchasing of original,quality goods not quantity. 


Formal look to top it off with a Panama is just timeless. 


For easy Panama looks. 


Beach vibe looks with boat shoes or flat sole shoes. 

if you don't have a Panama please go get one. You cannot afford to not have one, it's just wrong gentlemen. This is a must have. 


Fourth on my list is the wide Brimmed Hat. Also known as the Fedora hat. It is similar to the Panama hat, the only difference is that the Fedora is made up of cotton. The Brimmed hat is the ultimate sophistication hat. Mostly goes well with suits because of the fact that it's made out of cotton, so it just compliments the suit. With this hat, I can pull off a dope sneaker look. I've only done it once though. I just have a strong association with Brimmed and Panama hats with shoes, but Brimmed hats can be worn with sneakers. Just make sure you have hardcore  sneakers  like New Balance 999, 574 and 1500. You will get the sneaker issue soon by our team. 


Goes well for that suited up look. It is elegant and a classic hat.



With this hat I try not jump the gun and ruin its elegant touch. I always try to be sophisticated, even when I' am not suited up. 


The basics of a Brimmed hat are simple, you can either wear with a shirt, v-neck t.shirt or a v-neck jersey. 


Character or floral shirts go perfectly well with  this hat, it just gives it life.


Brimmed hats just need that little touch of elegance and they will never let you down. 


I hope I've changed your perceptions about hats and how they should be worn. Get the basics right and you will be okay. If you don't have these hats make sure you get them and try to sum up your dope Dapper outfits with hats. 

Here's a quick guide of different hats you can choose from.


Choose your style of hats.



Choose your best Fedora. 


Simon & Mary hats are a must have. 

Visit these shops for some cool hats. 


HAT CITY 

204 Main Reef Rd, Westgate , Johannesburg  2001

Call : 011 834 7206

Website : www. hatcity.co.za 


Simon & Mary 

www.simonandmary.co.za 


Top Hat Suit & Co 

91 - 6th street 1 Ave West
Parkhurst 
(opposite Shell Garage) 



(Opposite Shell garage)


No comments:

Post a Comment